Welcome to Ross-shire riding club web-site
This is a small, friendly club founded in 1985, ideal for riders starting out in the show ring, or at a higher level too!
Ideal for folk that are new to riding club events and we are here to help and encourage you on your way. A warm welcome awaits you at whatever level you enter
Time to get our lockdown activities underway!
First up is the photo show 📷📸 which will be FEEE TO ENTER
So from April 1st-10th if you either email or messenger your photos to us and wewill get the albums made up!
Sections are as follows
1. Before and After
2. Action Shot
3. Best Horse Head Shot
4. Best "between the horses ears" shot
5. Dirtiest Horse
6. Cutest Pet
7. Daftest Pet
8. Best Homemade Item
• You May enter TWO picture PER SECTION
• Votes to be made between April 10th-15th
• Pictures with the most reactions in each album will win
• Each section will be split in to 3 groups of 3-7 Year olds, 8-16 year olds & Adults
• You MUST have full permission to use the photos (including parent/guardian permission for pics with children)
• when sending in pics please make it clear which picture is for which section, and if sending on behalf of a junior, please include their age!
This is open to everyone as we want to keep each and every one of you engaged with the club during this difficult time.
So what are you waiting for? Get looking through those photos to send me from WEDNESDAY!
All your income from 2019 Ride 'n Reward paid, has been donated to Highland group R.D.A. - total of £112.00
RIDE 'N REWARD STARTS FROM
1ST JANUARY 2020 - 31st OCTOBER 2020
Due To the recent Equine Flu in the UK, Sheeppark have decided to put the following measures in place to protect our own horses and ponies at home. A horse will NOT be permitted to compete unless it has current vaccination against equine influenza which complies with the following conditions;
1. An initial course of two injections for primary vaccinations, not less than 21 days and no more than 92 days apart, are required before being eligible to compete.
2. A first booster injection must be given between 150 and 215 days after the second injection of primary vaccination.
3. Subsequent booster injections must be given at intervals of no more than one calendar year, commencing after the first booster injection.
4. The full course or booster must have been administered at least seven days before competition.
This year we have decided to vaccinate all our horses which is something we don’t normally do, but due to the current situation and to be able to carry on with all the events that are booked for this coming year we decided this was the only safe and responsible course of action. We ask that anyone coming to ours respectfully does the same. I will be randomly checking passports personally myself on entry until further notice. We intend to keep this policy enforced even after this out-brake is no longer a threat and we hope that others do the same for the good of our equestrian sport.
Thank you Joeanna Renwick
Ross-shire Riding Club operates an annual points system for our members
Every time you help at an event = 5 points.
every training session you attend = 5 points
Placings at events and or shows -
1st = 10 pts
2nd = 9 pts
3rd = 8 pts
4th =7pts 5th = 6pts 6th = 5pts 7th = 4pts 8th = 3pts 9th = 2pts 10th = 1pt
these are all recorded and kept for you, you dont need to do anything - just attend events and enjoy
OUR EVENTS ARE SPLIT BETWEEN 2 AREA LOCATIONS,
Tain area and Black Isle (Sheep-park, Balblair)
Directions to Sheep park
From Inverness - over Kessock bridge heading North, Tore round about take the 3rd exit still heading north. As you are coming down the hill take the turning to Culbokie on the right. Once you go through Culbokie follow that road for approximately 7 miles. Sheeppark is on your left.
From North - Over Cromarty bridge and take first left. Follow road for 2 miles then left at the T junction. Follow road for approximately 5 miles. Sheeppark is on your left.
Club fleeces for sale £22, or £25 with your name on